The world is continuously evolving and it is us, the people, who shape our beautiful planet. But like always, there are those people whose influence stretches continents across, their power unparalleled and their names inked into the history books forever. Today, we are going to look at a compiled list of the Top 10 most influential people in the world today. The list is based on the author’s personal opinion.
1. Barack Obama (President of the USA): Because he is the world’s most powerful person today. Obama is the President of the world’s most powerful nation whose decisions can arguably alter the course of history.
2. Queen Elizabeth II (Monarch) : Because she is the constitutional monarch of 16 sovereign states of the Commonwealth Realms. The Queen holds considerable power, although she chooses not to exercise it to its fullest extent. The Queen can dissolve the parliament, declare war,create and enter into treaties. Also, she is the Head of State of the two billion people within Commonwealth territories.
3. Bill Gates (Co-Founder of Microsoft, Philanthropist): Because no list is complete without him. In the past century, Bill Gates shaped the world of technology, by making computers accessible to everyone. However, today, Bill Gates is on a much noble path. Bill is on a mission to help poor people around the world by giving away a sizeable portion of his multi-billion dollar fortune. Yes, because he is a philanthropist extraordinaire.
4. Lady Gaga (Celebrity): Because she is the world’s most powerful and influential celebrity, with a fan following in billions. At just 26 years of age, Lady Gaga has transformed her into a super star, making millions of dollars through her songs and in result, achieved a cult following.
5. Mark Zuckerberg (Co-Founder of Facebook, Entrepreneur): Because he’s the world’s youngest billionaire. No seriously, Mark Zuckerberg influences me and just any other nerd out there. He has shown that he can make a $100 billion dollar company from a dorm wearing a hoodie . Besides, he exerts a massive influence in the Silicon Valley (the place where the world’s biggest technology companies are located) and leads one of the world’s most powerful brands, Facebook. (I bet you got to this link from there, didn’t you?)
6. Lionel Messi(Football Player) : Because he is best football player in the world today. With a fan following in billions and endorsements with top brands, Messi rakes up millions of dollars every year. Also, he inspires and influences the lovers of the game, and at just 24, there’s a lot more time for him to become one of the legends.
7. Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State): Because she is the world’s most powerful woman.
8. Larry Page and Sergey Brin (Founders of Google): Because they are the brains behind the world’s most innovative company today, Google. They aren’t just entrepreneurs, they are scientists. Larry and Sergey created Google in a garage (you probably got to this article from Google) with a vision to build a perfect web search engine, so information can be searched and be accessible by everyone.
9. Larry Ellison (Co-Founder of Oracle Corp): Because he championed a revolution in the IT world. Larry founded Oracle three decades ago with an initial investment of $2000. He is now one of the world’s richest people and his software company Oracle rakes in billions of dollars in revenue every year, powering the information infrastructures of the world’s biggest organisations.
10. Mohammed Bouazizi(Common Man): Because he started the Arab Revolution. Mohammed’s act of setting fire to himself sparked a revolution, causing corrupt governments to fall and greedy leaders to perish. Although Mohammed is no more, he still greatly influences the world today.
Please have your say in the comments section. Tell us who did we miss? Or even if you thought the order didn’t make sense.
About Ali Gajani
Hi. I am Ali Gajani. I started Mr. Geek in early 2012 as a result of my growing enthusiasm and passion for technology. I love sharing my knowledge and helping out the community by creating useful, engaging and compelling content. If you want to write for Mr. Geek, just PM me on my Facebook profile.